The University defines an academic partnership as any relationship where a student’s learning opportunities are in some way dependent on another party. This applies to any form of credit bearing provision whether resulting in the award of credit only or in a formal award of the University. It covers all relationships whether or not a partner is involved in actual academic delivery.
The University has Academic Partnerships with educational and other institutions, public and private, both in the UK and throughout the world. Our Register of Collaborative Provision ie list of Academic Partner institutions and the programmes they offer, can be found here Academic Partnerships Register.
The University is proud of its relationship with its academic partners and recognises several types of partnership provision:
- Accreditation A programme leading to the award of University credit, designed and delivered by a partner but quality assured by the University.
- Articulation An agreement between the University and a partner that the award made or delivered by that partner is recognised by the University as leading to the award of specific credits of the University towards achievement of a designated award.
- Co-delivery A programme leading to the award of University credit or a recognised award of the University, delivered in part by a partner but quality assured by the University.
- Distance learning with partner support A distance learning programme leading to the award of credit or a recognised award designed and quality assured by the University, with some local tutorial support from a partner.
- Franchise A programme leading to the award of credit or a recognised award designed and quality assured by the University but delivered by a partner.
- Joint/dual degrees The University may also enter into partnerships with other awarding bodies for the operation of joint or dual programmes. These can vary widely in structure and operation.
- Off-site delivery A programme leading to a recognised award of the University, designed and delivered by the University but wholly or in part delivered at the premises of a partner organisation.
- Professional: Degrees with integral professional training A programme leading to a recognised award designed and delivered by the University but incorporating professional content provided by a partner eg Flight Training.
- Validation A programme leading to a recognised award of the University, designed and delivered by a partner but quality assured by the University
We are located in Room WW1.10 on the first floor of the West Wing at the High Wycombe Campus.
Call +44 (0)1494 522 141 and ask for the Partnership Team in AQD or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The team also manages Erasmus+ & Exchange partnerships. If you would like to find out more, please visit bucks.ac.uk/erasmus