Welcome to the department of Business & Management
At Bucks, we offer a range of innovative and entrepreneurial courses that are specifically designed to give you the best platform to develop your career in business.
Students studying business and management courses at the University, will have access to numerous external companies looking to engage with the Clare Business School, providing unique work experience opportunities for students looking to develop their CV whilst completing their studies. Watch the Clare Business School video to find out how this unique collaboration makes such a difference for our students.
Students have great links to industry projects, live briefs and placements, which will boost their employability and boost their experience ahead of graduation. The collaboration is supported by the likes of Mike Clare (founder of Dreams and one of the regions most established entrepreneurs) and Clarenco (a multifaceted business group focusing on investments, new business ideas, properties, and the provision of a business support service for local businesses) and is unique to Bucks students and the University’s recognised business management department. Visit the Clare Business School page to find out more about this exciting collaboration.
Our industry partners sponsor a number of projects, such as live pitches, enabling you to get the most out of your time with us at Bucks. You could also benefit from our industry links by undertaking internships, placements, work-experience or project work, gaining a great head start in the employment market. The companies we have worked with recently include Mindshare, Initials, Medico, Primal, Scannappeal, Clarenco, Simpler PR, and Jargon PR.
Our students also gain real life business experience via various assessed activities, for example the Enterprise Festival, Induction Challenge, Christmas Market and Culture Exhibition. Students also get the chance to work on a range of corporate events such as open days, taster days, school liaison activities and conferences.
We run an excellent Business Speaker Series as part of our strategy of industry engagement. The purpose of the series is to provide business students with a forum where they can convey ideas with business leaders on current cutting-edge matters. Successful business leaders come to Bucks to share their experiences on business ventures and the future of their industries.
We are a dynamic, supportive and friendly university, able to respond to the individual needs of our students. With your interests and progress at the top of our agenda, we will give you the greatest chance to progress your career in the way that you wish.
Did you know?
- Our course teams have extensive UK and international industry experience, both in the public and private sectors.
- Many of our business courses are developed and designed in close consultation with industry and are aligned with relevant professional bodies.
- You can explore your business ideas and even launch your own enterprise while studying at Bucks.
- We have excellent links with industry, with established partnerships enhancing the way in which you gain knowledge and engage in activities at the University.
- Networking activities are embedded in our courses and enable you to develop the sort of skills employers are looking for.
- Many of our business and management courses are part of the Clare Business School (see page 6), providing access to specialists in sales and marketing, finance, supply chain and human resources, as well as professionally-led business consultancy and research solutions with live projects.
- All our accounting and finance graduates leave as part-qualified ACCA accountants.
- As part of our undergraduate degree programmes, second year students work on a real-life business project with a company as part of the Enterprise Projects module.
- There is an opportunity in many of the programmes to attain PRINCE 2 project management certification.
- Marketing students run the student chapter of the Chartered Institute of Marketing at Bucks New University and become part of the European Foundation of the Commercial Communications Education (edcoms).
- Our postgraduate human resources courses are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and provide the underpinning knowledge required for professional membership of the institute.
- Students studying our MSc International Logistics and Supply Chain Management become automatic members of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- The PR programmes are accredited by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) and the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA).