The library offers students a wide range of learning resources, services and facilities.
Laptops are available for Bucks students to borrow at our High Wycombe and Uxbridge libraries. Self-service cabinets are on the 2nd floor of the Gateway Library and the 1st floor at the Uxbridge Library.
Need to borrow a laptop?
Laptops are self-service. Scan your ID card and take the laptop from the locker number shown. Unplug and borrow it for up to 4hrs. Help is available from the IT Service Desk. You will have access to standard University software, Microsoft office, Wi-Fi and printing facilities.
Need to return a laptop?
Log the laptop off but leave it powered on. Return it to the self-service cabinet. Scan your ID card and replace the laptop in the locker number shown, remembering to plug it in to charge.
Laptop loan rules
- The laptop counts as one of your loans
- Library fines must be under £6.40 to borrow one
- Fines of £1 per hour or part hour for late return are charged
- £700 will be charged for damage or non-return
- They are only for use on campus via University network
- Available first come, first served with no renewal or reservation
- Save data or files to your network drive or USB stick as they will be lost on log off
See our Laptop Loans Terms and Conditions (pdf) for more details.
There are multi-function printers at both sites that scan, photocopy and print in both colour and black and white. There is also a large scale plotter that can print between A2 and A0 sizes at the High Wycombe campus.
- A4 Black and White - 3p
- A4 Colour - 5p
- A3 Black and White - 6p
- A3 Colour - 10p
- A2 - £1.20
- A1 - £2.40
- A0 - £4.80
- Scan to email - Free