Student Complaints

The Student Resolution Officer can give you advice and guidance if you want to make a complaint.

We’ll talk to you in confidence about the issue you want to complain about, and you’re under no obligation to take any action.

What is a complaint?

You can complain if you’re unhappy with any aspect of what we do at Bucks, and want it investigated. Doing so will not affect our opinion or treatment of you in any way.

What can I complain about?

Here are some of the things you can address with the Student Resolution Officer:

  • Failure by the University to meet its obligations, including those set out in your course or student handbook, or in the Learning Partnership Agreement.
  • Misleading or incorrect information in prospectuses or promotional materials, or in other information provided by the University.
  • Concerns about course delivery, teaching or administration.
  • The quality of facilities, learning resources or services we provide.
  • Bullying, harassment or discrimination.

What can I not complain about using this service?

  • The process or results of assessment of academic work – use the academic appeals process for this.
  • Concern or dissatisfaction about a decision made under another regulation – such as academic misconduct, disciplinary or fitness to practise.
  • Other students’ non-academic misconduct – this comes under student disciplinary procedures.
  • University employee misconduct – this is dealt with under employee disciplinary procedures.

Where to get help

If you’re still unsure about what to do, or would like to discuss a complaint, please call our Student Resolution Officer on 01494 522141 ext. 4294 – or email

You can also visit the Student Centre, or email the Bucks Students’ Union Advice Centre for independent advice and support.