Hello and welcome to O4L (Open4Learning).
TEL (Technology Enhanced Learning), e-learning, blended learning -all terms and descriptions that have been around for quite a few years now and are used to describe the influence technology has had on education. Like these terms, educational institutions far and wide have tried to keep up, develop and transition as new and improved innovations emerge.
Bucks New University is no different and since 2009 it has been growing and diversifying its provision to include this ever expanding area of education.
Provision for Technology Enhanced Learning now falls under the Learning and Teaching Directorate which includes O4L. We focus on enhancing digital literacy amongst students and staff. We encourage and advise on best pedagogical practice of technology enhanced learning.
We work with course teams and individual to produce high quality learning materials and make best use of our existing technology to give the best possible student experience.
What do we provide?
The O4L provides training, guidance and technical support to tutors, PSE’s and students on many of the University’s technology enhanced learning systems. The centre is a provision for all new, existing and future full-time, part-time and contract staff.
- Training – scheduled, ad-hoc and specialist groups
- Best practice – sharing the technological and non-technological good practices
- Technology – in-house technology and what is trending in the wider community
- Research – stats (who is using what?), university related projects, we are not alone (what other universities are doing), encouraging research
- Professional development – supporting the development of individuals and teams.