Support & Advice

If you are having personal, financial or academic problems, remember that our staff are used to dealing with a wide range of student problems and will do their best to help you.

A Student Information Officer may be able to advise you directly or refer you to one of our other services. Your School Registrar will be able to advise you on your academic position and options available to you. You may also want to speak to one of our support services directly, such as:

  • the Learning Development Unit (LDU) if you need academic skills support
  • the Counselling Service for personal and wellbeing issues
  • the Multi-Faith Chaplaincy for spiritual guidance and pastoral support
  • the Accommodation Service for help with housing problems or if you are experiencing issues with your university managed accommodation
  • the Student Finance Team if you have money worries, or
  • the Careers & Employability Team if you want to discuss the implications of withdrawing from your course.

The Bucks Students’ Union also runs an independent Advice Centre to help you with a range of difficulties you may experience.

The important thing is to give yourself time to think through your options and ensure that you make the decision that is right for you. By taking time to pause and reflect you may give yourself a chance for things to improve.