Knowledge Transfer Partnerships

Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) bring together business, research and the public sector to work together and create inspiring change. The aim is to support and speed up the development of innovative products and services that won’t just meet market needs, but also tackle major challenges in society and help to drive the economy.

The benefits of a KTP

  • By getting involved, a company will be able to tap into the skills of an associate, enabling them to take a step change in their business.
  • The associate will probably be a recent graduate who is employed by the University. They’ll be able to apply their skills in the workplace, while at the same time getting support from a University academic.
  • The government can contribute up to 67% of the cost of the project, with the company providing the remaining 33%.

KTPs are approved by Innovate UK and can last between 1 and 3 years. Alternatively, a shorter KTP lasting 10 to 40 weeks is available.

Find out more

To find out more, please visit Innovate UK or contact the For Business team:

Tel: 01494 522 141 ext. 3519

Email forbusiness@bucks.ac.uk