Higher & Degree Apprenticeships – at a glance
Apprenticeships are work-based so training and assessment predominantly takes place within your business, however 20% of an apprentice’s time must be dedicated towards their study. This must be part of their contracted hours but can be delivered through day release, block, residential and distance learning. See the Department for Education website for more information.
- The length of an apprenticeship depends on the standard but can be between 2-5 years to complete.
- An apprentice can be a new or existing member of staff and must not already hold a degree in that area or be receiving funding for other training.
- An employer must employ the apprentice in a real job with a real salary and financially contribute towards the cost of training and accreditation with support from the government.
- In some occupational areas an apprenticeship will link to a professional registration with a professional body.
We work as partners, providing a key account manager and dedicated apprenticeship team to support your business and employees throughout the apprenticeship journey.
Your apprentice’s link tutor will visit them in the workplace to support their learning. We will provide a full range of study options to students that meet your business needs including block delivery at University, day release, residential, blended and distance (online) learning.
- To work in partnership with Bucks New University.
- Develop a programme tailored to the needs of your organisation.
- Provide a suitable working environment and facilities to support higher apprenticeships.
- Ring fence at least 20% of an apprentice’s time for off-the-job training/academic learning. There are some very useful guidelines for what constitutes off-the-job training.
- Help define your requirements and training needs, including how to get the most out of your levy.
- Deliver apprenticeships that meet your needs and reduce the burden on your business.
- Work together to develop your people’s skills and meet your long-term training goals.
If you have any questions please contact the Apprenticeship Hub email@example.com or call 01296 744202, or take a look at a full list of Bucks New University apprenticeship programmes here.