Adult nurses are at the forefront of many specialist areas such as intensive care, trauma nursing, and cancer care. Your primary aim as an adult nurse is to care and safeguard the public. You will be responsible for safe, compassionate and person-centred nursing, ensuring that you respect and maintain the client’s dignity and human rights at all times.
We offer an excellent standard of teaching with continuous support throughout the course, both in the University and in practice. You will be taught by an experienced, committed and dedicated team who have worked in a wide variety of clinical specialities and education roles.
You will spend 50 % of the programme gaining clinical experience at one of our local NHS Trusts or independent care partners. During this experience you will undertake 37.5 hours per week in practice, and will be supported by a clinical staff member.
Clinical experience opportunities vary and may include:
- independent hospitals
- community care
- learning disability units.
Successful completion of the degree means you will gain an academic qualification and also be eligible to register as a nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) allowing you to practice in the UK and overseas.
- Career opportunities are excellent and available in a variety of settings from hospitals and GP surgeries to research work and employment abroad.
- We have a fully functional simulation suite with an operating theatre and recovery room/high dependency unit, and a three-bed clinical/ward environment.
- From April 1 2015, Band 5 Nurses can expect a starting salary of *£21,692
- Our nursing students are highly respected within the trusts
- We are renowned for the support that we provide, on average academic staff spend 20 per cent of their time in clinical practice supporting their students.
*may be subject to change nhscareers.nhs.uk
We offer clinical experience in a variety of settings. The main NHS trusts we work with include:
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Central and North West London
- NHS Foundation Trust
- Ealing Hospital NHS Trust
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- London North West Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- West London Mental Health NHS Trust
- West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust.
- We also place students in a wide variety of independent placements, including private hospitals and clinics, prisons and nursing homes.