Welcome to Bucks Business School
In a business environment of volatility, uncertainty, rapid change and ambiguity, our Bucks Business School students graduate as creative thinkers and problem solvers with the wider awareness to equip them for careers that may not yet even exist.
While we can’t predict the precise job functions that will dominate the future workforce, we have a good idea of the direction of travel. We believe that our students will be rising talent within business, government and non-profit organisations and it is the university’s responsibility to foster a sense of curiosity, confidence and adaptability in order to help them follow their chosen career paths.
How do we make sure our students are ready for working life? Their time at Bucks Business School is well spent in small focused class groups interacting with their peers and tutors in higher skills development. Our links to industry facilitate the transition from student to professional.
Throughout their time at Bucks Business School our students are given live briefs from real clients and learn to manage these projects both in groups and individually. We are also aligned with professional bodies such as the CMI, CIM, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA and CIPFA.
Starting from day one we aim to enhance our students’ future career development in a world where many existing management theories and working practices are being disrupted or made irrelevant. Even during Fresher’s Week our students roll up their sleeves and respond to a live client brief under time pressure. As well as the fact that students have the opportunity to work with live briefs throughout their tenure with us, many are also given the opportunity to do a project within a business.
Our students are treated as individuals and will come to know their tutors well; this individual attention also extends to our careers advice. We include modules dedicated to employability in all of our programmes and our students benefit from close support from our careers team too. In the first year, we explore different career paths available to our students, so that they better understand what skills, knowledge and attitudes they need to develop throughout their time at the university.
We emphasise and focus on the importance of flexibility, teamwork and creative solutions to class discussions, group projects and in assessments. This helps our students graduate ready for working life.
Both our teaching staff and our student body are industry facing.
- Alliance with professional bodies: We have actively liaised with relevant professional bodies when shaping our courses so that our students graduate with the skills and, often times selected accreditation, within their field of study.
- Staying at the forefront of thought leadership: Most of our academic staff come from industry and those links help enrich our students’ practical and hands-on learning experience. Our staff are actively involved with industry associations as guest lecturers, conference speakers and content contributors.
- Guest speakers: Guest speakers from industry help align the student experience to business. Throughout our students’ academic life at Bucks Business School they will hear live stories from individuals in both small and large businesses. This exposure and experience helps students to explore various job functions as well as different corporate cultures.
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Advertising Management and Digital Communications
- BA (Hons) Business and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business and Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management Top-up
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BA (Hons) Sport Business Management
- BA (Hons) Sport Marketing
- BA (Hons) Sports Business and Coaching
- LLB (Hons) Business Law
- LLB (Hons) Business Law - Part-time
- LLB (Hons) Law
- LLB (Hons) Law - Part-time