We offer a lively and stimulating environment for your studies and use our knowledge of research and links with the relevant sectors to develop new modules and courses which reflect the very latest thinking and practice. By continually reviewing your course we ensure it is up-to-date and well-designed. This enables us to meet your needs as well as those of potential employers.
Our programmes support the preparation and development of the workforce in the public, private and voluntary sectors. This includes criminology, mental health, policing and psychology.
Many of our teaching team have moved from senior professional practice posts to support the development of the workforce from an academic setting. We work with prospective employers to make sure our courses are entirely focused on, and relevant to, supporting evidence-based practice and the development of a highly skilled workforce.
Our strength lies in the quality of our academic teaching staff, and their knowledge and insight will provide you with an exciting learning opportunity, giving you essential skills to succeed in the future.
- The majority of the courses are professionally accredited, approved and regulated by bodies such as the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the British Association of Social Workers (BASW).
- All of our psychology programmes are accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK.
- Our BSc (Hons) Psychology-based degree courses are credited as conferring eligibility for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the BPS, provided you achieve the minimum standard of a lower second class honours (2:2) degree. This is the first step towards becoming a chartered psychologist.
- BSc (Hons) Behavioural Sciences - Part-time
- BSc (Hons) Behavioural Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Criminological Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Criminological Psychology - Part-time
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology - Part-time
- BSc (Hons) Psychology and Criminology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology and Criminology - Part-time
- BSc (Hons) Sports Psychology
- Master of Science Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Part-time