Community Health, Education & Social Sciences
Our programmes support the preparation and development of the workforce in the public, private and voluntary sectors. This includes criminology, mental health, policing and psychology.
Many members of our teaching team have moved from senior professional practice posts to support the development of the workforce from an academic setting. We work with prospective employers to make sure our courses are entirely focused on, and relevant to, supporting evidence-based practice and the development of a highly skilled workforce.
Our strength lies in the quality of our academic teaching staff, and their knowledge and insight will provide you with an exciting learning opportunity, giving you essential skills to succeed in the future.
- Bucks has a strong working relationship with Thames Valley Police.
- We have a strong commitment to research which helps keep teaching current and applicable.
- The majority of the courses are professionally accredited, approved and regulated by bodies such as the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and British Association of Social Workers (BASW).
- All of our psychology programmes are accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK.
- BSc (Hons) Criminology
- BSc (Hons) Police Studies and Criminal Justice
- BSc (Hons) Police Studies with Criminal Investigation
- BSc (Hons) Police Studies with Criminological Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science
- BSc (Hons) Community Health Care Nursing (District Nursing) - Part-time
- BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Early Years)
- BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Primary Education and Education)
- BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Working with Children and Young People)
- BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Working with Children and Young People) - Part-time
- Certificate in Knowledge of Policing
- Foundation Degree (Arts) Early Years Practice - Part-time
- Foundation Degree (Arts) Policing
- Foundation Degree (Arts) Working with Children and Young People - Part-time
- Developing a Portfolio for Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) - Part-time
- Master of Arts Education - Part-time
- Master of Science Criminology Communities and Disorder - Part-time
- Master of Science Specialist Community Public Health Nursing - Part-time
- Postgraduate Certificate Education - Part-time