We have several thousand students and staff members, so are aware that the way we commute to Bucks has a significant impact on the local environment.
That's why we promote environmentally friendly commutes, and encourage people to walk, cycle, use public transport or take part in car sharing schemes.
See bucks.ac.uk/visitingus for information on travelling to Bucks.
We currently take the following measures to ensure a greener environment:
- Students are not permitted to park on campus or at our halls of residence, apart from those who require disabled parking.
- Our campuses provide limited parking and a ‘permit to park’ system is in place for our employees along with a monthly fee.
- Subsidised travel is available via bus for students and employees.
- Staff and students can travel on the number 30 bus between Hughenden Halls and High Wycombe town centre for free.
- A free shuttle bus service between our High Wycombe and Uxbridge Campuses is provided.
- Vehicles for carpooling are available, supplied by Common Wheels.
- A cycle to work scheme is in place.
Visit bucks.ac.uk/jobs to discover employment at Bucks.