We have several thousand students and staff members, so are aware that the way we commute to Bucks has a significant impact on the local environment.
That's why we promote environmentally friendly commutes, and encourage people to walk, cycle, use public transport or take part in car sharing schemes.
See bucks.ac.uk/visitingus for information on travelling to Bucks.
We currently take the following measures to ensure a greener environment:
- Our campuses provide limited parking and a ‘permit to park’ system is in place for our employees along with a monthly fee. Permits for staff who wish to car share are available at our Uxbridge campus.
- Students are not permitted to park at our halls of residence, apart from those who require accessible parking.
- Staff can get discounted monthly bus travel on Arriva buses.
- A free shuttle bus service between our High Wycombe and Uxbridge Campuses is provided.
- An electric vehicle for business travel is available at the High Wycombe campus, supplied by Co-Wheels.
- A cycle to work scheme is in place.