Bucks New University, working with Bucks Students’ Union has achieved Fairtrade status. We serve Fairtrade tea, coffee and biscuits in our catering outlets, ensure our merchandise is Fairtrade and we recognise and host events during Fairtrade Fortnight.
In order to be awarded with this status, we achieved the following goals:
- Approve an official Fair Trade Policy
- Set up an institutional steering group
- Commit to selling Fairtrade products in all university outlets
- Commit to using Fairtrade products at internal meetings and events
- Commit to campaigning for increased consumption and awareness of Fairtrade.