Training, tips & guidance
Members of the Equality & Diversity Service and the Disability Service provide training in a range of areas. The following sessions will run throughout the year:
- Asperger Syndrome
- Cultural Communication & Awareness
- Deaf Awareness
- Disability Day (this session includes Dyslexia Awareness and Mental Health Awareness.
- Diversity Confident (as part of Induction and separate sessions)
- Equality analysis
We do, however, find that employee engagement is greater in sessions tailored to specific requirements such as organising events, or to fit in with departmental meetings. If you think we can help in this respect please contact the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Manager who will be pleased to discuss your requirements.
- Practical tips for promoting equality and diversity (Word)
- Equality and diversity in teaching and learning - the concept of mainstreaming (Word)
- Technical guidance on further and higher education (pdf)
- What equality law means for you as a student in further or higher education (pdf)
- Equality and diversity for academics: factsheets (website)
- Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
- Equality Challenge Unit (ECU)
- The Higher Education Academy
- Equality Act guidance for education providers: Further and Higher Education
Bucks New University is not responsible for the content of external sites.